E-mail MeMichele L. Young
888-783-1077 (Toll Free)
Michele Young, a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, is dedicated to providing the very highest level of legal assistance and advocacy to all cases. A former adjunct law professor in two law schools and law clerk to three federal judges, including the Hon. George Edwards Jr. of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Michele considers it an honor and pleasure to redress each and every injustice and to serve the legal needs of each individual in need of help. Her lawyering is distinguished by an emphasis on innovativeness, integrity, non-stop hard work, and heart. She takes great pride in solving what appears to be, at first blush, an unsolvable legal problem. She provides thoughtful and cutting-edge counsel to all walks of life from prominent political and human rights leaders to the poor and friendless. She has spearheaded successful political, public interest, civic, and media campaigns, serving as an advocate in whatever capacity is needed. With her husband Greg, she is striving to create a unique law firm that truly serves the people.
Director and Founder, Community and Civic Affairs, Gregory S. Young, Co., L.P.A., September, 2013-present
She loves her Cincinnati and the firm is reaching out to make a difference in our community. Through a multitude of forums from the courtroom to the public arena to the press room, effective advocacy makes a difference in the outcome.
Her innovative "don't text and drive" campaign reaches hundreds of thousands of homes daily. This campaign, featuring Cincinnati's icons, has expanded from TV Star64 to CBS local affiliate 12 and CW.
Her research and writing on the Affordable Care Act, led to a 750 page text co-authored with Professor James T. O' Reilly, published in July of 2014 by the American Bar Association. This book details the legal and medical malpractice ramifications of the changes transforming the medical profession in order to protect the public and the people serving it in a perilous era.
Ms. Young spearheaded the effort to support the County Coroner's extraordinary effort to protect our county now and for future generations by a securing a local state of the art crime lab. This included the creation of Keep Hamilton County Safe, a community-wide organization dedicated to keeping our citizens safe, developing a website, building coalitions to support the effort to keep Hamilton County safe.
She has worked with interfaith leaders to make this city welcoming for all
Chosen As Outstanding Woman of Achievement, Cincinnati Political Women's Caucus, 2014
Chosen As Community Leader for FireOps, 2014
Of Counsel, Gregory S. Young, Co., L.P.A, 2000-2013
While raising five children, Michele helped husband build family law firm to forty employees with ten offices and clients in Kentucky and Ohio.
Since 2012, turned focus to giving back to the community.
Managed the historic landslide victory of the first Hindu, female, and Indian immigrant Coroner, Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco, in 2012. Led campaign on lowest budget and without negative campaigning.
Co-chaired landslide victory of African-American legendary Judge, Nadine Allen, in 2012. Led campaign on lowest budget and without negative campaigning.
Assembled pro-bono dream legal team to represent the legal interests of the Restavek freedom fighter, Jean Robert Cadet.
Co-Counseled with the revered Mark A. Vander Laan one of the first cases to shine a light on charter schools, this one involving a kindergarten child whose throat was severed when she was awoken from a nap.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Advocacy
- Consumer Law
- Constitutional Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Public Interest Law and Advocacy
- Wrongful Death
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- Ohio, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1991
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1989
- Law Review: Georgetown International Environmental Law Review, Articles Editor, 1987 - 1989
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: McGill Bursary
- Major: English-Communications & North American Studies
- Michele Young, Local Crime Lab is Safest Bet , Cincinnati Enquirer, June 1, 2014
- Chapter 13: Medical Malpractice Considerations Under PPACA, Healthcare Rulemaking Guide (West, 2011)
- James T. O? Reilly and Michele L. Young, New Health Care Law Affects Medical Liabilities and Drives New Plaintiff Options , American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Products Liability , Summer, 2011
- James T. O? Reilly and Michele L. Young, Medical Malpractice: Avoiding Adjudicating & Litigating In The Challenging New Climate (ABA Press, 2014)
- Appellate Advocacy, Former Adjunct Law Professor, University of Dayton Law School
- Legal Research & Writing, Former Adjunct Law Professor, Salmon P. Chase College of Law
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Cincinnati Women's Political Caucus Outstanding Achievement Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Cincinnati Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Advisory Board Member, Crime Stoppers
- Founder and Co-Chair, Keep Hamilton County Safe
- Board Member, Cincinnati American Jewish Committee
- Former Advisory Board Member, Health Care Connection
- Former Planning Committee Member, Foreign Policy Leadership Council and 500 Club
- Former Co-Chair, Cardozo Society
- Member, Cincinnati Citizens Police Association
- Member, Kindervelt
- Member, Indian Hill Mothers Group