Prescription Errors Can Have Legal Consequences
A prescription error is never excusable. A pharmacy dispensing the wrong medication, an optometrist failing to check the eyeglass prescription in a child’s lenses, a nurse administering the wrong drug — these highly paid professionals have failed to meet basic standards of care.
Compensation For Prescription Errors
A child’s vision might suffer damage when the child, even for 30 days, looks through lenses with the wrong prescription. Emergency room patients have died of allergic reactions despite noting their allergies at the outset. Pharmacists have been known to give patients the wrong prescription altogether. A nursing home patient can be given the wrong drug.
Often, the wrong medication is administered but the patient suffers no lasting harm. If, however, you were less fortunate and a prescription error caused injury or death to you or someone you care about, you deserve to recover fair compensation for your loss.
Our lawyers have handled personal injury claims for a variety of prescription error cases, including those involving the following:
- Wrong prescriptions in children’s eyeglasses
- An ER patient who reported a latex allergy but suffered a full-body rash when staff used latex tape, despite the warning
- A man admitted to the psych ward with orders to be watched — and on the fourth day, died of an overdose
Contact Us Today
Our lawyers, in addition to prescription error cases, handle claims for other types of medical negligence. If you would like to speak with one of our attorneys about your situation, we invite you to call 513-721-1077 in Cincinnati, 937-531-7999 in Dayton, or 859-547-3334 in Kentucky or e-mail a Cincinnati accident attorney in our Cincinnati office, Gregory S. Young Co., LPA, We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ask about:
- Ask about free parking at our downtown Cincinnati location
- Appointments available at 10 locations, including nine suburban locations
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits
- No attorney’s fees unless you collect*
Our satellite offices are located in Mason, West Chester, Tri-County, Blue Ash / Kenwood, Northgate, Clermont County, Florence, Finneytown and Western Hills. Addresses, maps and directions
*Some costs associated with representation may apply.