Doctors Should Heal, Not Hurt. If You Were Injured While In A Hospital, Contact Our Firm.
With any hospital stay, there is a risk. Sometimes, medical providers make mistakes, take unnecessary risks, act negligently or fail to deliver a basic standard of care. When this happens, it can put your health in jeopardy and lead to serious injuries and medical complications.
At the law firm of Gregory S. Young Co., LPA, we help individuals who have been injured as a result of medical malpractice in a hospital. Since 1958, we have represented injured clients in Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
We can assist you in bringing a claim against the doctor, medical professional or hospital administration whose negligence led to your injuries. Call us for a free initial consultation about your hospital injuries.
Common Types Of Hospital Injuries
There are many types of injuries you can sustain in a hospital, including:
- Infections and airborne illnesses: There are specific standards and procedures for reducing the risk of infection and the spread of serious airborne illnesses in a hospital. If the hospital or medical professionals fail to follow those procedures, it can cause a serious injury.
- Mistakes in the ER: Emergency rooms are hectic places. A mistake in diagnosing your condition or failing to properly treat your illness, for example, can cause you serious injury.
- Injuries in surgery: Every surgery comes with a certain level of risk. Negligence comes into play when an anesthesiologist or surgeon’s work falls below the standard level of care for doctors performing that type of work. For example, if a surgeon operates on the wrong limb or negligently leaves medical equipment or supplies inside of you, you may have a claim against that surgeon. Likewise, you may have a claim against the anesthesiologist if you are given an incorrect dosage of anesthesia that causes an injury.
- Misdiagnosis: Many diseases and conditions are treatable, if they are caught in time. A misdiagnosis can delay the treatment you need or cause further injury by treating you for a condition you did not have.
- Medication errors: While in the hospital, your doctor may prescribe you medication for your illness or condition. If the doctor incorrectly prescribes medication or if the hospital pharmacy fulfills the prescription incorrectly, it can lead to serious side effects.
Learn Your Options In A Free Consultation
No matter the exact type of injury you have suffered, we can help you. We will clearly explain your legal options and guide you through the process of bringing a claim against those whose negligence caused your injuries.
Contact our attorneys online or call 513-838-4562 in Cincinnati, 888-469-6437 in Dayton or Kentucky to schedule a free initial consultation. There is free parking at our downtown Cincinnati office. We also have nine suburban satellite offices around the metro area for your convenience.
We Can Meet Where It’s Most Convenient For You
We can visit you at home or in the hospital. You will not owe attorneys’ fees unless we secure compensation for you. Although, there may be other costs associated with your case that we can explain when we meet with you.