Truck accidents can result in significant injuries and extensive harm to victims. In the wake of a catastrophic truck accident, victims need to be familiar with the legal resources available to them and what the top causes of truck accidents are.
Top causes of truck accidents
There are several different top causes of truck accidents including:
- The traffic flow is interrupted and the truck driver failed to adjust to the change in condition;
- The truck driver was unfamiliar with the roadway;
- The truck driver was driving too fast for the roadway, weather or traffic conditions;
- The truck driver performed an illegal maneuver with the truck causing the truck accident;
- The truck driver was inattentive;
- The truck driver was fatigued;
- The truck driver was ill; or
- The truck driver made a false or poor assumption about the actions of another driver.
All of these different forms of truck driver negligence can lead to truck accidents which can harm victims and their families. Legal protections are in place to help truck accident victims with their injuries and to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for their careless and negligent actions.
A personal injury claim for damages can help truck accident victims recover compensation for their injuries and damages including medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering damages. For that reason, truck accident victims and their families need to be familiar with the legal remedies available to them when they have been harmed by the negligence of a truck driver.